Degree in Contemporary History at Università Statale of Milan and Master in management
of performing arts at Agis of Milan
PROJECT AND ARTISTIC DIRECTION
Since September 2017 Managing and programming direction of Fondazione Nazionale della Danza / Aterballetto
- From 2002 to 2017 director of Torinodanza Festival (www.torinodanzafestival.it), which takes place annually between September and December.
- He conceived and directed in Brescia from 1995 to 1997 the Festival Echi del Mediterraneo – Theater, dance and music.
He then conceived and directed Gardadanza – International Festival of Contemporary Dance, an interprovincial and interregional festival (Provinces of Brescia, Mantua and Verona, Regions of Lombardy and Veneto (1998-2000).
- He created and directed in Brescia from 2000 to 2008 the International Festival of Contemporary Circus, the first and most important event in Italy about this language.
- In 2011 and 2012 he edited the Festival of Contemporary Circus Apripista, produced by the Auditorium Parco della Musica in Rome.
- From 2009 to 2012 he curated the performance project of circus site specific Abitare la bellezza, promoted in Capri by Fondazione Capri.
CONSULTANCY WITH PUBLIC ADMINISTRATIONS / INSTITUTIONS
- Since 2011 he was artistic advisor of the French Embassy in Italy for the France Danse project. Until 2008, he was dance counselor for the Fondazione Nouveaux Mécènes in Rome, promoted by the French Embassy in Italy.
- He was a consultant for the live performance of the Mayor of Brescia Paolo Corsini for two terms, from 1999 to 2008.
- From 2003 to 2006 he was part of the Culture Commission of the Executive Olympic Committee for the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin.
- He collaborated with the Teatro Stabile di Brescia from 1995 to 2007, as head of the press office, then head of the Study Center.
- He has been a consultant for various projects of the Metastasio – Teatro Stabile della Toscana and of the Pergolesi di Jesi.
- Critics of dance to the Indipendente of Levi since the foundation, then to the Manifesto.
He has also collaborated on Video Music, TeleMontecarlo, RAI-RADIOTRE
- About the theme of the contemporary circus he published two volumes for Marsilio in collaboration with Alessandro Serena (Il circo e la scena; L’arsenale delle apparizioni), and collaborated with the Venice Biennale. For the series Novecento of the Grafo Edizioni, he edited the volume Le stagioni del teatro.
- He won, in particular for the Circus Festival and for Torinodanza, three national awards:
Hystrio, the Theater Critics Association Award and the Danza&Danza Award, all in the category of artistic project.
- On October 28, 2011, at the French Embassy in Italy in Rome, he was awarded the rank of Chevalier des Arts and des Lettres.